Covid 19 - FAQs
March 16, 2020
- Will the Alexander Centre remain open? We are a community building and want to balance the needs of our community but will be guided by the advice from UK Gov & Public Health England. Currently, the advice is to operate as normal and therefore we will be proceeding as planned. We are keeping under review daily all our events and will be communicating updates via our website and community notice boards.
- What extra measures will The Alex take to ensure we minimise exposure? We have put in place enhanced cleaning measures, more frequent cleaning of heavily trafficked areas and hard surfaces including entrances, restrooms, kitchen. We have advised team members to follow health & safety protocols of regular handwashing and minimal physical contact. We will be limiting access to our public spaces, including restrooms to centre users and tenants only.
- If a person is confirmed with COVID who has been in the building what will happen? We will be following Government guidance. Our team members will be self-isolating if showing symptoms or confirmed with the Virus. We stress the importance of not coming to The Alex if you have symptoms.
- Other public spaces are closing why isn’t the Alex? The current government advice is not to cancel events or shut premises. If this advice changes, then this position will be reviewed. We are watching this situation very carefully.
- Will the tenants in the Alexander Centre be staying open for business: We will be communicating our plans directly with our tenants. Should you have any immediate questions please contact the business directly.
- If the building closes how long would this be for? We are a community asset and want to be there for our community. In line with Government advice we may need to cancel our events but would like to try and keep the building running as a community asset.
- If events have to stop, what could the Alexander Centre be used for? We will be offering the building to be an asset as required to health care professions, charities or other groups. If you have any thoughts on what we could do over the coming weeks to lend support please get in touch with: Alison Fellows, General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
What they’re saying
We decided to base our office at the Alexander Centre 5 years ago because we also needed access to a variety of services and spaces. The beautiful historic building provides us not only with an office, but also with an excellent setting for all sizes meetings and events, all under the same roof in the centre of Faversham.
Firstly, the staircase makes a good impression; the reception staff welcomes guests and deals with deliveries; the team is helpful and supportive; the Gatefield Hall has a foyer, a cloakroom, a kitchen and a bar; smaller rooms are perfect for workshops. We have used all of these over the years and we will continue to do so.