As well as looking for a full-time apprentice (see other news ad), we are looking for a responsible, conscience person to take on some part-time work covering our reception desk and being responsible for the building for a couple of weekday evenings a week. This will be on a casual basis - 10 hours per week, £8.50 per hour. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your CV with a letter expressing your interest to email@example.com. Applicants need to be 18+.
Please find a brief job description below:-
Casual part-time evening reception cover
Hours:10 per week – 2 x weekday evening shifts (days tbc)
Rate: £8.50 per hour
Please note this role will require lone-working. References will be required.
Objective of the role:
To provide evening cover of the reception desk at The Alexander Centre when the Centre is used in the evenings for classes and activities.
Duties will include
- To cover the reception desk, answer queries, take bookings and/or sell tickets over the phone and/or by serving customers in person and/or by responding to emails.
- To set up and clear rooms as required in accordance with the booking requirements and report any defects back to the staff team.
- To prepare and provide refreshments (tea/coffee/lunch) to groups if required to do so.
- To close the premises in line with procedures with the setting of alarms as required.
- To maintain a high standard of customer care and liaise with customers to promote maximum enjoyment and value for money through their use of the facility.
- To provide a courteous and efficient service to all user groups, offering support and assistance to them maintaining excellent care and customer service.
- To be vigilant and monitor the movement of users within the premises in accordance with security controls and procedures.
- To adhere to and enforce all evacuation procedures and fire checks.