We're looking for an exceptional Events Coordinator to deliver a year-round programme of events and activities.
Please find job description below.
To apply, submit your CV with a letter detailing why you'd be the best candidate for the job to The Alexander Centre, by 28th May.
The Alexander Centre CIC is a not-for-profit independent organisation which runs The Alexander Centre in Faversham, Kent – an impressive Victorian building which in the past has been a high society residence and a civic centre. It is now run as an events venue, training centre, community space, business and arts centre. With several heritage meeting rooms and the largest hall in the area The Alexander Centre hosts weddings, milestone birthday parties, music festivals and theatre shows, as well as public talks, exercise classes, blood donor sessions and much, much more.
The Alexander Centre has an opening for a hard-working, visionary individual with the drive to curate, run and deliver a programme of events throughout the year. We are looking for someone who can grow our events into a programme that ensures our historic building is occupied at all times of the week and throughout the year. A person with vision to deliver a complete package for our community, from weddings to wakes, birthday parties, social & music events and works with community groups to be a space for all ages to enjoy. Whilst we don’t need a person with years of experience we are looking for someone who is results driven, has experience or has recently completed a degree in events management and is keen to make their mark and first step into an events career.
Working hours will be varied, according to the events calendar. We are seeking someone who is happy to work evenings and weekends with flexibility as a requirement. Exceptional customer service is key, as is a flair for marketing and promotion and above all the ability to be a pivotal member of a small team.
- To plan, with the General Manager and Events Committee, a varied programme of events to run at the Centre, to cater for numerous different audiences
- To drive events and review quarterly to ensure we are maximising our space and market opportunities
- To create advertising materials – posters/flyers/brochures/tickets for events
- To promote the programme of events using the website, social media and other channels
- To act as Duty Manager on the majority of events at the Centre – being the senior member of staff and responsible person present, overseeing the event and ensuring it is run smoothly and safely
- To liaise with external hirers to ascertain and facilitate their requirements and run their event to meet and exceed their expectations
- To meet with wedding couples and be their primary contact from first show around until the day itself, ensuring their day is as perfect as it can be
- To work on costings for weddings and budgets for events
- To supervise the running of the bar – including cashing up, supervising and training casual staff members, and working behind the bar as and when necessary
- To use the events programme to drive food and beverage sales, using promotions and tailored offers to improve hospitality revenue
- As a member of the small team who run The Alex, this is a ‘hands-on’ position so day-to-day duties are shared by all – including answering the phone, setting up for activities, processing bookings, making teas and coffees, selling tickets, dealing with customer concerns, as well as keeping the building clean and presentable at all times.
· Experience in planning and running events
· customer care qualities
· Marketing experience using social media and other channels
· Experience of managing staff
· Experience of managing budgets and handling cash
· Available and willing to work evenings and weekends
· Confidence to run events and make decisions as lone working Duty Manager
· Knowledge and experience of running or working in a bar
· Experience of organising/working on weddings
· Graphic design skills – experience in creating posters/flyers/brochures etc
· A degree or other qualification in Events and/or Marketing
· Personal Licence holder
· Health& Safety Training
Working hours – full-time 37 hours per week – to include evening and weekend hours
Annual salary - £18,000 - £20,000 depending on experience
Reporting to – General Manager
Holiday entitlement – 20 days + bank holidays