We're looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm and ideas, to join our small team and lead on organising and running the events at The Alexander Centre (full details below). If this is something that you would excel at, please send your CV with a cover letter to Alison Fellows, General Manager - email@example.com
EVENTS & BAR CO-ORDINATOR
Reporting tothe General Manager, the areas of responsibility for the Events and BarCoordinator are:
1. Workingwith the General Manager to develop the annual events programme
2. Organisingand running the events at The Alexander Centre
3. Overseeingthe operation and management of the bar and the kitchen
4. Assistingwith the advertising and promotion of the Alexander Centre and its events
5. Developingand promoting the bar offer to maximise revenue
6. Supervisingthe casual bar and event staff and event contractors
The positionwill be five days a week (37 hours per week) and working hours will vary, butwill include weekend and evening working.
The Events &Bar Coordinator will be expected to work evenings and weekends regularly andcover the majority of events at the Alexander Centre. This is a ‘hands-on’ job and within a smallteam so good interpersonal skills, team spirit and a ‘can do’ attitude isessential.
This positionis an exciting opportunity for someone who is ambitious and full of ideas andenergy – wanting to develop their career in the events industry. The personappointed will need to look at ways to increase the efficiency andprofitability of the operation; with the ability to forward plan and developsuccessful events.
Weddings,parties and gigs are just a few of the things we currently programme – theperson appointed will need to hit the ground running and drive these, and more,activities. They will be keen to producefirst class events and devise an annual programme that appeals to across-section of customers. Greatcustomer service is a necessity for this role, as well as a good head fornumbers and a practical and robust understanding of Licensing and Health andSafety legislation.
Objective of the role
The mainobjective of this role is to increase the number, quality and variety of eventsheld at the Alexander Centre, ensuring that customers have a great time andcome back again and again. This will beachieved by:
· Reviewing,devising and implementing systems and procedures for the operation of the barto ensure it is run efficiently, cost-effectively and in compliance withlicensing and health and safety guidelines.
· Maximisingprofitability by ensuring robust cash-handling procedures, impeccable stockcontrol, vigilant supply management and promotional activity.
· Managingstaff professionally and efficiently.
· Barmanagement experience – to include cash handling, staff management andpromotion of services.
· Experiencein and good working knowledge of beverage handling and storage.
· Experiencein cash handling and staff supervision.
· Previousexperience of organising events and functions, such as weddings, parties andgigs.
· Theholding of a personal licence or the preparedness to undertake personal licencetraining.
· Experienceof promotional and marketing activity.
· Workwith the General Manager to prepare and agree an annual events programme andbudget.
· Assistthe General Manager by initiating and implementing policies and proceduresrelevant to the safe, compliant and efficient running of the bar and events.
· Alongsidethe General Manager to implement any relevant promotional or marketingactivity.
· Accurateadministration of records such as cashing-up sheets, events sheets, wastagerecords, stock reports etc.
· Ona weekly basis to check stock and order supplies for the bar.
· Toregularly review and refresh bar pricing and products to reflect seasonal orevent requirements and to maximise sales and profitability.
· Toregularly review suppliers prices and ‘shop around’ to ensure good pricing
· Torecruit and roster bar and events staff, and liaise with the payroll service toensure they are paid accurately and promptly.
· Totrain and supervise bar and events staff to ensure that they operate withinHouse policies and procedures and are up-to-date with products and promotionsetc.
· Tokeep aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in the Bar industry andpropose and agree with the General Manager any relevant changes, upgradesand/or promotions etc.
· Tokeep aware of events in the locality as far as possible to ensure the eventsprogramme is varied, interesting, and not a direct clash with other activitiesin the town.
Specificterms and conditions
Reporting to: General Manager
Line Management of: Casual Bar and Events Staff& contractors
Working hours: 37 hours over 4days – days and times will vary according to the programme of activity. This role will involve evening and weekendworking.
Start Date: Sep/Oct 2021